Re: [NTLK] GEM enterprises

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 20:31:12 EST

emdub <emdub_at_mac.com> wrote:

> One of them seems to have a dead battery: the
> Newton says the battery can't hold a charge or
> something of the sort

   Try charging it anyway.
   I had one that said that initially, but it came to life under the following procedure (recommended in the battery manual BTW).
   With the Newt off, remove the battery, plug in the Newt with the 9W adapter, then insert the battery.
   Wait a few minutes before turning the Newt on to see if it's charging (there's some mysterious precharging cycle they go through sometimes).

Peter