Re: [NTLK] broken newton?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 22:27:47 EST

It looks like you're going to have to go in...
More than likely, the ROM came out of the socket (this
happens when the device is jarred abruptly (yeah, like
since when is a "jar" not abrupt?)
It's simple enough to "pop" it back in it's socket. To
see what I'm talking about, visit my page that shows
this in the image:
http://newton.tek-ed.com/newtspeed/img0002.htm
Ed
web/gadget guru
come and see my Newt on the web (well, mostly) at:
http://65.84.243.167

--- doppler <doppler_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Ed Kummel [tech_ed_at_yahoo.com] wrote the following
> 2002-02-17 02.29:
>
> > I've sometimes had to hold the power button in the
> on
> > position and hit the reset button at the same
> time.
> > Eventually the Newt fired up. It asks if you want
> > reset the memory and you make your choice.
> > Ed
>
> done there, been that (or something .... eeerr)
>
> doesnt work. still dead. any other tips?
>

> doppler

=====
- The Powerpuff Girls -