Re: [NTLK] Airport on Newton

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 17 2002 - 14:16:07 EST

on 17-02-2002 6:03, John Skinner at john_at_johnskinner.net wrote:

> Not any more than just running 1 additional program ( and It's not a hog
> like Photoshop or anything). You also will be sharing your internet
> connection bandwidth with the Newton, but I don't think a few web requests
> here and there will make much of a difference. You probably won't even
> notice it.

I agree, unlikely on ADSL, the connection is a pretty steady 512 and I run
Photoshop very often and never felt a slowdown on my internet connection.

> The only take back is you'd have to leave your Cube on as long as you want
> to maintain your internet connection for the Newton.

No sweat either, exactly the reason why I got a Cube in the first place,
apart from the fact that I got it dirt cheap it's so silent that I don't
really care if I have to leave it on.

Robert Benschop