Re: [NTLK] Newts Cape and Yahoo Finance

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 09:32:16 EST

From: DJFIRTH_at_aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 13:54:22 EST

[sorry for late reply; finally catching up after vacation]

>>Try with different settings, like 'no frames' and/or 'ignore tables',
>>Newtscape has lots of options.

>I will play with the settings. Since the html source for some of the Yahoo
>stuff has references to Java, I tried the experiment again with the Waba VM
>installed. No perceptible change.

I'd expect that the page either uses regular Java (so WabaVM wouldn't help
since applets would have to be coded specially to use Waba subset --
unlikely) or JavaScript (which is not supported by any Newton browsers).

experimenting with frames options should help, though the interface really
won't be the same as desktop whatever you do...

--
Steve
  weyer_at_kagi.com