Re: [NTLK] Simple Mail/ Newtscape problems

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 09:47:11 EST

Brian McEwen wrote:

> >Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:24:32 -0500
> >From: peter brigg <pbrigg_at_uoguelph.ca>
>
> > How do you reply to messages in
> >Simple Mail? I can't find the "Reply".
>
> >peter
>
> You use the little routing tag icon that is present when viewing an
> individual message. Reply, forward, add to names etc. live there- I think it's a NOS thing not anything specific to Simplemail.
>
> One thing that people miss, although it's in the very good Simplemail help book, to quite text, you have to highlight it when viewing the message, then hit the reply to tag, and Simplemail does a cut-n-paste of your highlighted items for you. If you don't highlight anything, your reply
> doesn't have any quoted text.
>
> This is super handy for receiving and replying to digest emails on the MP, for example.

It's a bl**dy nuisance with messages over one screen long (a default to
quote the entire message would have made more sense IMHO).

Fortunately, there's ButtonBar...

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be

"We're here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and we're all out of gum." (Dr. Zulu of Team Diotoir on Robot Wars Extreme)