Re: [NTLK] Please Ban Bigots

From: Nathan J Hunt (hamlet_sr_at_email.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 01:55:41 EST

>Hi,
>
>This list has proven recently that bigots can indeed
>type. I had hoped HWR would slow them down. Alas, it
>appears that they can even use a stylus.
>
>I realize asking for idiots to be BANNED threatens
>middle class sensibilities. However if the trolls keep
>breeding and spawning then I shall have to leave this
>list. Screening through 90 per cent off topic content
>is not my idea of a good use of my time.
>
>Sincerely
>
>Eric Engle
Seems that bigots are not the only ones who are bigoted. Calling the
names such as idiots, trolls, and insulting their mechanical
functions brings to mind such liberal tendencies as tolerance for
everyone except the ones labelled as "intolerant" (read, the ones
they disagree with.)

--Nathan

--

,-----/----. | O | O | | / | | (__ | | \___|__/ | '-----\----' Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface. On one hand, I'm indecisive; but on the other, I'm not. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance. Prejudiced people are all alike. Avoid cliches like the plague.