[NTLK] [OT] legally binding email? (was Robert Watkins is out of the office)

From: Will Reinhart (blue-dragon_at_tamu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 01:31:42 EST

First shrink-wrap software licenses, now this?
Can reading an email really be construed as agreeing to this sort of a
contract? Putting the legalese about "by accepting and reviewing..." at
the *bottom* of the email is in effect saying "If you've read this far,
you've already agreed to our terms" This seems shady at best!

--
If puns are outlawed, only outlaws will have puns.

Will Reinhart blue-dragon_at_tamu.edu