Re: [NTLK] aol and the newton

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 02:37:16 EST

on 2/19/02 11:54 PM, MMarvald_at_aol.com at MMarvald_at_aol.com wrote:

> if I have AOL, can I go online and browse the internet? if so how? and start
> from scratch because I never even plugged the phone jack into the
> communications card yet.

Well, unless AOL has drastically changed things, they don't use a normal tcp
protocol to connect to the internet, which means that you cannot use the
Newton to connect through AOL to the internet. In fact, it may be not
possible to even get AOL email any more via Hardy Macia's Aloha software.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland