Re: [NTLK] Dashboard Macintalk Script

From: Nathan J Hunt (hamlet_sr_at_email.com)
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 21:02:31 EST

>Local t = GetHilitedTextItems();
>If t <> nil
> then
>for each item in t do PlaySound(item);
> else
>begin
> PlaySound("Duh, select some text first.");
>end;
>

>On 2/13/02 11:18 AM, "Stephanie Maks" <newton_at_maksystems.com> wrote:
>

>> A few months back someone posted a little bit of newtonscript that could be
>> used in Dashboard, to have the Newton speak any highlighted text.
>>
>> I've scoured the list archives for Newtontalk and Newtontalk2, but I just
>> can't find it.
>>
>> If anyone has that, I'd really appreciate if you could post it to the list.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
> > -Stephanie

Wow, this sounds really cool. Would you mind explaining how to use it
to a neophyte? I don't have this newfangled Dashboard thingy,
whatever it is, not even sure what the relationship is, but I would
dearly love to use this. Thanks in advance!

--Nathan

--

,-----/----. | O | O | | / | | (__ | | \___|__/ | '-----\----' Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface. On one hand, I'm indecisive; but on the other, I'm not. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's intolerance. Prejudiced people are all alike. Avoid cliches like the plague.