Re: [NTLK] SER-001 rev B

From: Grant [Still Crazy After] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 16:25:40 EST

In a previous message, eschneck_at_mindspring.com typed vigorously:

>>I agree with Eric. A slick line-out/line-in board that fits into the Newt
>>like the SER-001 does would be very useful for me. Obviously you couldn't
>>use both boards in the same device, but for a dedicated second Newton,
>>this would be a nice enhancement given the availability of the iTunes
>>plug-in, MAD Max, and the imminent ATA driver release candidate.
>
>I disagree (with myself?). A board that could do serial AND audio would be
>great, but I won't give up my SER-001, and I don't have (or want) two 2100's.

Ok, I agree with Eric disagreeing with himself regarding the fact that a
combo board would be the cat's pajamas. I'll still keep my additional
2100's though. :)

Like Eric mentioned, I guess the real hurdle is finding a spot for all
the ports to sit in or on or around the Newt. What if we got rid of the
whole interconnect port (which gets obsoleted by the SER-001 anyway...)
in return for a row of more useful mini-DIN and audio jacks? The last
thing we want is another dongle.

Just a thought.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Live video served fresh since 1996. http://www.splorp.com/cam/
Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/