Re: [NTLK] Poll: who owns a spare?

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 19:51:39 EST

* "Bradford Schmidt" <brad_at_jojoro.com> on Wed, 20 Feb 2002
| How many of you guys are nervous enough about your Newt crapping out and
| not being able to get another that you own a spare?

More that I was a little nervous when I got my first 2100, so I bought a
spare, brand new, then. That was a Good Thing(tm) because unit #1 fried
itself within a week and could neither be repaired nor replaced by the
vendor (CDW; I got two of their last handful of units). Unit #2 has proven
to be more reliable.

When David MacNeill (yes, -that- David MacNeill) put his UMP2k and kit up
for grabs, I grabbed it. Unit #3 became my primary (the case is more worn
than #2 simply from heavier use) and unit #2 is my spare.

--
Rat <ratinox_at_peorth.gweep.net>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \