Re: [NTLK] Another Battery Miracle!

From: Ben Smith (QM Systems) (ben.smith_at_qm-systems.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 04:04:58 EST

I have had a similar thing with a DUO battery pack, you could 'force
charge' it with a bench psu (NOT recommended Unless you are suicidal
or very careful), it would then charge ok in the DUO, however if you
let the charge go below about 10% then one if the cells developed an
internal short and it would refuse to charge. (the bench psu could
supply a high enough current to blow the short away, it could re-grow
once the potential difference across the cell dropped low enough)
This is probably what is happening with your pack, if you re-build it
though you must replace all the cells so that they match, old and new
cells do not work together very well due to the difference in
remaining capacity etc)
Ben.