Re: [NTLK] MAD Max without Mac?

From: Eckhart Koeppen (eck1000_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 18:19:40 EST

John Goggan wrote:
> I can't find much in the way of details except that the mp3 data
> is in a soup named "audio".

The frame format of an entry in the "Audio" soup is as follows:

For regular tracks:

entry := {
     class: 'MP3Data,
     title: "...",
     artist: "...",
     album: "...",
     MP3Data: {
         samples: <Binary object, class 'samples, contains raw MP3 data>
     }
     codec: "MP3"
}

For streams:

entry := {
     class: 'MP3Stream,
     title: "...",
     artist: "...",
     album: "...",
     MP3Stream: {
         url: "..."
     }
     codec: "MP3"
}

> Is there details on how I can package these up
> myself and then using Sloup or something to dump an MP3 or two onto the Newt
> from my Wintel box and play it with MAD Max?

The only problem I see is the MP3Data.samples slot which contains the
raw MP3 data. It tends to be a quite big object, I'm not sure how Sloup
deals with those. Steve Weyer has for sure more info on that.

> Seems that everyone with a Mac
> is using the iTunes plugin, of course, but there must be some details on doing
> them manually from other boxes (Wintel, Linux, whatever...)

I plan to put in an option for downloading a song via HTTP at a later
time...

Eckhart

--
                   -- eck_at_40hz.org -- www.40hz.org --