[NTLK] OSX/Darwin connection probs...

From: Andrew Cunningham (acunningham_at_indy.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 20:19:25 EST

Hello, Newton folks.

OK, so I am attempting to get UnixNPI to work on my old Powermac 9500MP
which is running Darwin 1.3.1. In the instructions, it says to make a
symbolic link from the appropriate serial device in /dev/ to /dev/newton/
(which I will not, incidentally, create in /dev/!).

My problem is this: how do I determine which entry in /dev/ corresponds to
the serial port on the 9500? I did not see anything remotely resembling
'ttyS0', which is what the readme suggested as a possibility. I guess I
could use trial and error, and simply try every single entry in /dev/, but
my boss might disembowel me...

I'd really like to be able to connect my Expertpad to this machine so that I
can try out some UNIX Newton tools.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Andy Cunningham