Re: [NTLK] Re-painting a Newton: Epilogue

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 10:16:41 EST

on 2/22/02 3:48 PM, Sunder at sunder_at_sunder.net wrote:

> I was thinking of doing this, just taking it to a car paint shop as they
> bake the paint on, but I haven't, nor did I speak with anyone at such a
> shop, so it might be a bad idea also... I wouldn't know whether car paint
> would stick to plastic, or if it would melt the case when it's baked...

I seem to remember reading an article in a Model Railroader magazine many
years ago, that explained how you could bake paint on in your kitchen oven.
I bet that somebody has information on doing something like this on the
internet. You wouldn't need to go to an auto body shop to do this. (Not that
I would ever put my Newton through this--it might rebel afterwards, and
always give me problems!) :-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry