Re: [NTLK] MAD MP3

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 18:42:17 EST

Am 23.2.2002 23:54 Uhr schrieb "Stephen Jendraszak" unter <stevehj_at_mac.com>:
> Well, I finally got a around to using the iTunes plug-in and MP3 player
> with my eMate. The plug in worked fine over ethernet, but I couldn't get
> it to connect over my PalmConnect USB adapter. Once I got the test.mp3
> file onto the Newt, it played... kind of. It skipped a lot. But I am
> using an unaccelerated eMate, so I guess that is to be expected. Just to
> give you guys more info to work with regarding hardware compatibility.
Hey all, I don't know what was going on in the past few weeks but obviously
did someone develop a MP3 Player for the Newton. An easy way to have the
eMate playing songs too is to decrease the sampling rate to whatever is
possible at the lower end. The MP3 Player will anyway have to down sample it
to 8kHz or so and why having more data stored than is necessary for 8kHz? I
do the same for my Siemens SL45 cell phone and can squeeze more songs on the
32MB MMC by sacrificing quality. The Newton or eMate speaker doesn't anyway
allow good quality.

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand