Re: [NTLK] Ethernet card / IrDA question

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 01:10:19 EST

on 2/23/02 11:34 PM, Mietek at mietek_at_icpnet.pl wrote:

> 1. What Ethernet card would you recommend for the Newton MP2000u,
> significant factors being low power usage and availability? Compatibility
> with a PowerBook 5300cs would also be a plus.
    The D-Link 660+ is cheap and works well in the Newt but AFAIK will not
work in the PB5300. I have Farallon EtherWave/EtherMac cards for the 5300.
Some of the 3Com cards are supposed to work with the PB ... but finding the
drivers is nearly impossible. Global Village also made some ethernet cards
that will work with PowerBooks.

Peter