Re: [NTLK] Good alternative for i-Escrow ?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 13:31:51 EST

on 24/02/02 13:21, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

> I've been selling quite a bit of Newton stuff over the years and have always
> used i-Escrow (which eventually changed into Tradenable.com)
>
> Now I want to use their services again and start up a nes transaction and
> get the following:
>

> 'TRADENABLE SERVICES ARE ENDING SOON
>
> Tradenable is no longer accepting new registrations or escrow transactions.'
>
> etc.
>

> So is there anybody on this list that would have an alternative suggestion,
> and this would have to be something along the lines of the
> i-Escrow/Tradenable service, meaning that they'll hold the money during an
> inspection period, after which the other party can approve the shipment and
> payment takes place.

Try http://www.escrow.com/>.

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows, misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly abbreviated BSOD.)