Re: [NTLK] GEM 2100 impressions

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Sun Feb 24 2002 - 22:18:34 EST

on 2/24/02 8:58 PM, Rolf Brakvatne at rbrak29_at_qwest.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just got back from a trip to discover that my 2100 from GEM had
> arrived.
>
> Not having had a 2100 (this is not the upgrade), here are my first
> impressions :
>
> 1. The unit appears in good (used) condition.
>
> 2. Screen has a half inch crack (not a scratch) in the lower portion of
> the screen (Problem? Can the screen be replaced?)
>
> 3. One of the two rear cover holding clasps is missing (Anywhere I can
> get another?)
>
> 4. The battery appears to be OK, just needs to be cycled a few times.
>
> 5. Under memory info, it shows internal memory of 3984K. I thought the
> 2100 had 8000K
> memory??
>
> RB

If I were you, I would try to get GEM to let you send that MP back in
exchange for one in better condition. A cracked screen is more then a mere
cosmetic problem. The replacement cost ( parts and labor ) could easily run
$100 (?). I'd be interested in what some of the more knowledgeable list
members think.

Dave

Dave