Re: [NTLK] Scrren alignment tip

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 07:51:36 EST

> P.S. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to achieve perfect
calibration
> again I'd love to know!
I had the same problem with one of my MP2k1. But I had to repair the NIC
port door and thus to remove everything, including the display. At this
occasion I not only cleaned everything around the display and case but also
the connection (4 contacts) between display and mainboard, near to the power
switch. The flexible PCB seems to have non-plated aluminium or any other not
noble metal pieces contacting onto gold-plated pads of the motherboard. I
used alcohol and a very fine glass-fiber brush to get both surfaces metal as
shiny as new and since then it worked w/o jaggies. Hope this helps! Take
care on unmounting your Newton, it means undoing of everything :-/

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG