[NTLK] Re - Discharging batts

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 16:05:56 EST

> I got best results starting to charge the batt again at a value of
15%-20%.
> You should NOT try to discharge it down to 0%.

0% is what you can safely discharge it to. It doesn't mean 0 volts (which
would
be a deep-discharge), it means that the cells have reached their specified
discharge
voltage (usually around 1.1 volts).
NiCad batts would even get worse over time if you did it that way (not a
problem
on MP2000/2100/eMate as those have NiMH cells).

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de