Re: [NTLK] I'm impressed

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 18:44:35 EST

on 25/02/02 18:09, Ed Kummel at tech_ed_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Well, for those who exist in an "AppleTalk" kind of
> environment, well of course you would know! But I
> exist in a realm where we still laugh at AppleTalk!
> Ed
> web/gadget guru
> http://newton.tek-ed.com (download Newton packages)
> http://65.84.243.167 (my NPDS server)
>
> --- Laurent Daudelin <laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 25/02/02 17:20, "Joe Anthenat"
>> <janthenat_at_mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Has there been some problem printing via ethernet
>> in the past? I've
>>> been printing this way at work for quite some
>> time...
>>
>> As long as it is AppleTalk over Ethernet (or
>> EtherTalk), no, there is no
>> problem...

Well, you may laugh, but don't forget that AppleTalk was for a long time the
most used network in the world, probably replaced by Ethernet now, but still
was something.

We have a proverb in Quebec that roughly says "When you spit out in the air,
be careful that it doesn't fall back on your head"...

-Laurent.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook