[NTLK] Is it dead??

From: Stephen Swift (aka Burnum) (burnum_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 22:05:36 EST

Okay, so I go to fire up my Newt (120).
--And blank screen--
"Hmm," I says. "Perhaps the screen contrast is down."
Nope. It's still dead.
"Hmm," I says. "Perhaps the batteries are dead."
Nope. After I plug in an AC it's still dead
"Hmm," I says. "Perhaps I need to press that reset button."
Nope. That doesn't do anything. Now after many switch flicks, I start to
get worried.
"Hmm," I says. "Perhaps I need to pull out this memory card I recently
bought on ebay."
Nothing. After 3 or more reset punches and switch flicks I hear "ba-ding"
and it's running (the year is 1995 and I have no "to-do items" any more but
everything else is there).
"Hmm," I says. "Perhaps it wasn't the memory card after all."
Pop it back in and boom the Newt freezes. It just sits there. I can't tur=
it off; I can't do anything with it. I pull out the memory card and it
still sits there. Finally I pull the plug and it goes off. Now I can't ge=
it back on again (w/out the mem. Card.)

My question is this: Why is my Newt acting up on me? I've had the memory
card for a few days now and it's worked fine. And now all of a sudden it
just isn't working. And it's not working even w/out the card... I'm not
liking this. Yes, it's old and second hand but this has been it's first
major problem. TIA

Stephen Swift =BF' The Burnum Man
burnum_at_mac.com