Re: [NTLK] Avantgo (was: Lotus Notes (warning - long))

From: Raj Patel (rpatel_at_accelrys.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 09:04:05 EST

Hi,

>No sense reinventing the wheel. If you're simply looking for a decent
>source of plain vanilla, Newton-friendly web pages, try these:

Yeah I do apprectiate the full power of a browser but what
gets me is that Avantgo is so darn fast on such ancient hardware
(compared to the ARM). Granted it deals with a small subset of html
but its the important part (eg the info not the style).

Browsing via newtscape and an ethernet card is very cool but
it'd be nice to trade some of that off against the ability to
synch a small subset of info for offline browsing. I guess you
could run squid or some web-get type app on a Mac/PC to serve
them locally and schedule Newtscape to grab the pages locally.

Raj.