Re: [NTLK] transporting your 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 14:26:35 EST

On 26/02/02 09:28, "David Caolo" <dcaolo_at_mayinstitute.org> wrote:

> So how do you carry your 2100 around? Mine is much to large to even fit
> in my pants pockets (unless I'm wearing those cargo pants), so I'm
> guessing a bag or backpack? That just seems like one (even larger) thing
> to lug around. So, what do you do?

I mostly use a donation I got from a member of this group. It's a nice, but
basic case that holds only the Newton. This is the case I use when I go to
work and when I know that I will bring my Newton in my PowerBook bag. My
PowerBook bag is, BTW, a nice, rare, Apple PowerBook bag. It's all *green*!
It's made by a company named Port. The bag has multiple sections so that's
somehow my portable office.

When I'm bringing the Newton alone, I then use a Calise case I got from
MacConnection some time ago for $9.99. It's all leather and very well done.
In addition of the Newton, there is space for PCMCIA cards, pens, business
cards, etc.

-Laurent.

farming n.: [Adelaide University, Australia] What the heads of a disk drive
are said to do when they plow little furrows in the magnetic media.
Associated with a crash. Typically used as follows: "Oh no, the machine has
just crashed; I hope the hard drive hasn't gone farming again." No longer
common; modern drives automatically park their heads in a safe zone on
power-down, so it takes a real mechanical problem to induce this.