Re: [NTLK] eMate power adaptor for an MP120

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 18:17:31 EST

> So far, I've only run my MP120 off ordinary batteries. I do have the
> original Apple rechargeable battery pack (held together by the metallic
> clip). How long should it take to recharge these, if the adapter is
working?

This strongly depends on the pack's condition. A couple of hours I'd guess,
if the pack is really empty, no less than 2 or so. Easier would be to
measure the voltages of the four cells.

> And what should I see on screen, if anything?

The battery capacity will jump to 100% after some seconds. Other than
that, I don't think you'll see much, but I'm not absolutely sure.

> At the moment, I get nothing on screen. And I've tried using the power
> adapter with no batteries in the Newt, and with the rechargeables in.

Do you have access to a voltmeter? If not, maybe you can get a small bulb
with about 6 volts and 7 (or less) watts and connect it temporarily to the
adapter. Polarity doesn't matter.

Frank