Re: [NTLK] transporting your 2100

From: Till (till_k_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 19:16:33 EST

Oliver Brose wrote:

> > So how do you carry your 2100 around? Mine is much to large to even fi=
>> in my pants pockets (unless I'm wearing those cargo pants), so I'm
>> guessing a bag or backpack? That just seems like one (even larger) thin=
>> to lug around. So, what do you do
>
>It really depends upon where I intend to go.
>If I am headed for campus, or anywhere else where I might need more storage
>for books/shopping, I have an excellent courier-bag by Eagle Creek made fro=
>Cordura. It is rugged and expandable, and the Newt is, by now, just thrown
>inside after I put it into its neoprene bag (snug but ugly one) for safety.

That combination is what I use mostly, too. But my Eagle Creek bag is
somewhat smaller, it=B4s called Protekt-It IIRC, a little electronics
equpment bag with enough space for Newton accessories, sunglasses, MD
Player and so on. And it comes with a belt loop and shoulder strap.
I admit that the combination of two cases is awkward, three zippers
(including the backpack) have to be unzipped until I can get the
Newton out. Unfortunately, there is no better solution for me which
protects the Newton and gives me some space for accessories.

>This neoprene bag will be replaced by a C.E.O. leather bag this week!
>EUR21,50! *whoohaa*

The CEO is cool, but you cannot put things like battery packs or a
cellphone cable in it. Also, I am afraid that the Newton will be
damaged while being lugged around in my backpack - the CEO is not
really a case, but a leather wraparound, top and bottom are open. But
IMHO it is the best-looking case.

If you don=B4t need much space an don=B4t use a bag or backpack, the
Burropak is a good option.

>PPS: Till, are you with us? I guess you should be the Bagmaster...

I officially accept that title ;)

Till