[NTLK] Problems with internal flash or RAM

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 08:05:26 EST

I think Robert could answer this best:

I already reported that I have fairly often the error -10008 occuring, by
changing the view of a drawer, opening the extras drawer or something like
that.
The NOS version I have is: D-2.1 (7471129)-0
The trial to update the system with the newest german patch ends in freezing
the Newt totally...
Now I am curious in which memory I have to suspect the failure.
I already used another german system ROM successfully - so the ROM is
excluded.

If the Error is suspected to be in the RAM, I could try to exchange the
chips.
If the problem is the internal flash, it should be replaceable as well, ok.
But after reading your last thread regarding memory management I rather do
believe that especially one area of my RAM is corrupt.
But maybe there is a special range in the internal flash reserved for system
patches, which might be corrupt.
Trying to install the patch I got (not everytime) an Error message that the
installation of the patch failed...
This might be an indication that the internal flash is not 100% ok, but what
is the reason for the -10008 errors then?

Johannes