Re: [NTLK] 2100 e-mail setup problems

From: Rolf Brakvatne (rbrak29_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 13:44:20 EST

on 2/27/02 12:00 PM, Laurent Daudelin at laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com
wrote:

> On 27/02/02 10:02, "Rolf Brakvatne" <rbrak29_at_qwest.net> wrote:
>
>> on 2/27/02 1:43 AM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:

>>> Did you make a new Setup ?
>>>
>>> Is the modem specified in the Prefs ?
>>>

>>> Robert Benschop
>>>
>> Robert,
>>
>> Yes, I did make a new setup. I did get SimpleMail to function, but the
>> Ethernet card will not connect to the Cisco DSL modem. Now even the eMate
>> will not connect using this card.
>>
>> I know the Farallon card works because this e-mail is being sent out of a
>> Powerbook to the Cisco DSL modem using it.
>>
>> I am really back to square one and have no idea what to do except try and
>> get another Ethernet card, even though it works perfectly on a Mac.
>
> Sorry if this was mentioned before, but which card is this? Are you sure
> that you have the right driver for this card on your Newton? Just because it
> works on your PowerBook doesn't mean it will work on your Newton.
>
> And if you're sure that you *DOUBLE-CHECKED* everything in your setup and it
> doesn't work with the Cisco router, then it means it doesn't work...
>
> -Laurent.

Laurent,

This is a Farallon Ethernet PC card (EtherMac/EtherWave) PN: 16-0095-000 Rev
B. and has the proper driver. The card worked on my eMate, but not in my
2100.

I put the card back into the eMate, low and behold, it does not work here
either (same error).

Put card into a Powerbook (with proper Farallon extensions) and it worked,
BUT now, on occasion, it fails to connect (TCP/IP control panel shows
default IP addresses for the card and not the local IP address given by the
Cisco).

I called Proxim and was told the card has a lifetime warranty and I am going
to their website to request a RMA. A NEW card may be in the offing!

RB