Re: [NTLK] UNNA error -39 macintosh .sea files

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 02:40:53 EST

on 27/02/02 20:22, Victor Rehorst at victor_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

>>> Actually, I was under the impression that most SEA archives actually have
>>> resource forks, not just type/creator info. That file is dead for all
>>> intents and purposes. If someone with a Mac could binhex that file and
>>> upload it to UNNA, I would greatly appreciate it...
>>
>> Victor,
>>
>> You should be able to do that, don't you have a "virtual" Mac?
>
> 'cept I don't have the original file with its resource fork intact.

Ahem, I see. Me neither. But if nobody sent it to you so far, I can maybe
try to find it on my disk. Don't hold your breath, though... Let me know...

-Laurent.

fear and loathing n.: [from Hunter S. Thompson] A state inspired by the prospect of dealing with certain real-world systems and standards that are totally brain-damaged but ubiquitous -- Intel 8086s, or COBOL, or EBCDIC, or any IBM machine bigger than a workstation. "Ack! They want PCs to be able to talk to the AI machine. Fear and loathing time!"