Re: [NTLK] Lotus Notes

From: Marcus Koppenburg (marcuskoppenburg_at_web.de)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 07:52:37 EST

On 27 Feb 2002, at 8:23, Johannes Wolf wrote:

> But I have read reports where they said that if Cadenza is installed
> once on an R4.5 client, that after upgrading to R5 Cadenza would still
> work... What I did was installing Cadenza on an R4.5 client and then
> trying to connect with the R4.5 client to my R5 database...

I assume that will make problems. Usual a younger software can
handle data of its older predecessors. But very likely there are some
modifications in the newer data-format/-file, which the older client
doesn't know (and never will). Of course if the producer assures that
the data-format is still the same ...

But I also remember of some information about cadenza and R5: IIRC
one renamed the R5 folder from "notes" to "notes5" (could probably
anything else), installed R4.5, installed Cadenza, deleted R4.5, and
renamed the R5-folder to its original "notes" and voila ...

Marcus