Re: [NTLK] Avantgo (was: Lotus Notes (warning - long))

From: Andrew MAIER (andrew_at_mail.cern.ch)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 11:56:47 EST

Hi Jim,

I tried your recipe, but I think It will not work. What happens is that
the book is created from the original url and the url in the getUrl mthod
is fetched, but then NewtsCape crashes with a heap error. I suppsoe it is
simpler to add a meta tag to the already downloaded news file and then
process it in newtscape.

There is a PREF meta tag in NEwtscape, but I don't quit understand how it
work for basic prefs.

Andrew

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Jim Anderson wrote:

> Score! I think this ought to do it. Combining this with
> NewtsCapes ability to run Newton script should give us our AvantGo. If
> you create a web page that looks like this:

> content=3D"GetRoot().|NewtsCape:NewtsCape|"getURL(&quot;http://where.your=
> .
> big.file.is/file.html&quot;, {loadImages: true, processOption: 5,
> trustHTML: nil});">
> </head><body><h1>Your daily books</h1></body></html>
>
> and turn on Newton Script compiling in NewtsCape, you can
> process this page and end up with a book of your big news file (which
> loads quickly). I think you can schedule this and have it create the
> book for you in advance. I'll have to play with it tonight when I get
> home...
>
> Jim Anderson
>
> Evil Overlord Rule 197:
> I will explain to my Legions of Terror that guns are ranged weapons and
> swords are not. Anyone who attempts to throw a sword at the hero or club
> him with a gun will be summarily executed.
>

> --

Andrew Maier
Andrew.Maier_at_cern.ch

knowledge, n.: Things you believe.