Re: [NTLK] Email from Outlook to Newton

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 28 2002 - 14:13:31 EST

Smith, Bradley wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to be able to transfer email from Outlook (on Windows) to my newton
> and vice versa. Okay, so I know there's nothing to do it at the moment but
> I'm hardly going to let a little thing like that stop me!
>
> I'm going to write something akin to Notes2Notes but for email. It's really
> just for me but I'm guessing there may be others who'd like to use it so if
> you're one of those who'd like it then please send me your feature requests
> (privately). I'm particularly interested in how people think I ought to get
> mail into the InOut box, or if I even should put it here?

Still wondering what ever happened to Mail2Mail, an app which would do
what you describe that was by the author of Notes2Notes, but never
publically released.

> Also, I need to get in touch with Shane Hill but mail to his currently
> listed address bounces. Anyone know how to get hold of him?
>
> FYI I'll be using Steve Weyer's Sloup on the Newton side.

FYI, a while back I came across a Unix app called 'newtl' which did
exactly that (use Sloup to read/write the Inbox/Outbox for integration
with Unix mail). You may want to try and find a copy (email me privately
for a copy of the sources, if you need to) of the sources to get an idea
of the communications to the Newt.

<<<john>>>