Re: [NTLK] [LONG] Re.: Defragmenting a Newton?

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 17:15:20 EST

>On 1/2/02 @ 6:40 AM, Chris Searles wrote:
>
>>Nope, I'll stick with NBU. I've used it for years and
>>it has worked fine for me! And with Ethernet its fast
>>and easy to use.
>
>Does it make a difference if I use NCU or NBU for such a backup?

I don't think so -- more of a personal choice.

NBU is much more limited on it's options. It's primarily for backing up
and restoring informtion, and installing packages.

NCU has other features for sync'ing/moving information from Desktop to
Newt and vice versa.

Basically I look at NBU as being a subset of NCU feature wise.

Personally I prefer NBU for backing up data and have had good results
with it over serial and Ethernet.

Using either one, I would increase your Prefered Memory Size to the size
of the card, plus 4MB, to ensure that you have plenty of memory. So for
a 16MB card, I would set the Prefered Memory Size to 20MB as a minimum
for either application.

I hope this helps.

Sushi