Re: [NTLK] iWalk?

From: Michael J. Hußmann (michael_at_michael-hussmann.de)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 09:08:16 EST

Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com) wrote:

> BTW, go to http://www.spymac.com/digitalfuture03.html and read the comments
> on the iWalk video, some nice insights why it's a fake ;-)

While the display is obviously grayscale, it displays a blue Apple logo
in "bootup.mov". Some close-up shots show evidence of barrel distortion,
but the display's content isn't similarly distorted. The recognized
handwriting in "sayhello.mov" appears to dance above the display. The jog
dial looks much like a miniaturized version of the PowerBook/iBook PSU.
And then there's the German voice saying "Das war Spitze!" (a remark the
late game show host Hans Rosenthal was famous for, but I have my doubts
anyone in Cupertino ever heard of him).

- Michael

Michael J. Hussmann

E-mail: michael_at_michael-hussmann.de