[NTLK] Screen Resolution (was: iWalk?...)

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 13:22:58 EST

On 1/3/02 12:44 PM, "Bryan Cantley" <bcantley_at_fullerton.edu> wrote:

> If the iPad is "true", I must say, how disappointing. It seems they have
> taken away one of the true distinguishing features of the Newton that
> makes it a functional device... screen size.

I doubt it is true, but if it were, remember, screen size isn't everything.
It's resolution that matters, in my book.

A MP2100 has screen resolution of 320x480. If a new device had the clarity
to get that resolution (or better) in a smaller body, I would be fine with
that. I'd still be able to see as much info on the screen as I do now.

Writing might be a bit harder on a small screen, but at least I'd be able to
see the whole crossword puzzle. :-)

Then again, I am the guy who sets his computer screen resolution so small
that everyone who walks into my office does a double take. What can I say.
I don't mind small print & icons, and I love lots of screen real estate.

Loren