[NTLK] iWalk?

From: templar (templar1_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 17:22:22 EST

I am not an expert, but the movie showing the handwriting recognition
sequence looks faked. I base my opinion on two things:

1) when the actual writing is taking place you can see not only the unit
flex down but also the desk flex down as well. It is almost as if the
unit has been locked into its position to facilitate the filming of the
sequence so as to insure not the slightest bit of movement.

2) the script being written looks like the type of writing that you see
on television commercials or on print ads. You know the type that looks
like script but you can actually read the words. Nobody writes in a
script that is so perfectly legible.

Summing up I would say that taking into account the extreme flexing of
the unit and desk noted and the suspect script, it was probably a case
of the 'writer' being told to try and look really as if he/she was
writing on the screen of the unit and overdoing the acting a bit.

Whether or not it is real I would say who knows. But, I would ad that as
you are all aware almost anything can be faked particularly something
like this when truly enterprising minds are involved.

An idle mind is the devils workshop.

William