[NTLK] [semi-ot]NCU OSX Belkin report, Sometimes CrapUSA is OK

From: ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 08:04:02 EST

In a message dated 1/4/02 5:19:16 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net writes:

<< However, Newton Connection Utilities does run perfectly under OS X as a
Classic app.

In a verrrrrrry lucky twist of fate......

I visited my brother just after the holiday, Lucky for him Santa dropped off
a new iMac so he could burn CD's of all the digital photos he had on his old
IMac. Lucky for him I was there to get him a crossover cable and transfer all
his files to the new computer.

Now for the weird part. The sales guy at Crap USA knew that new machines were
"supposed to have OSX or an upgrade or something like that" He didnt want
Santa to have to return to the store so he through in another box free to
make sure.......

Gotta love those informed CrapUSA employees.

Well that new iMac has 10.1 and 9.2 installed...Interesting thing this box
that is not needed under the christmas tree.

Well the end of the story folks is (after pulling my hair out for two days
thinking I screwed it up. I get a printed newspaper (local) with a headline
story of how the local cable provider has F$#&ed up the switch to a new Cable
Internet system. It happened at the same time I upgraded....) With out doing
any new installing etc...NCU and my Belkin Serial adapter work just fine and
dandy. I had to do nothing at all but launch it.

So FYI: (Belkin Serial Adapter+ NCU/Clasic)*OSX=AOK

Keep the Green
Rich