Re: [NTLK] Newton usage in the bathroom

From: Walter Johnson (walterjohnson_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 11:25:59 EST

On Friday, January 4, 2002, at 05:16 AM, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> Oh man, I just had a bad thought. How many of you use your Newts in the
> bathroom?
>
> Oops, there goes the pen right into the toilet...yuck!

This actually happened to me. I had owned my 2000 for less than a week
and found myself in urgent need of the afore mentioned facility. I could
tell it was going to be a while and so got out my 2000. My hands were
dry and that all metal 2000 pen is so slippery that I fumbled it. It
bounced around for an agonizing moment before dropping right into the
depths. I knew exactly how much a replacement pen would cost and how
long it would take to get. In the end I decided that $25 and a week or
more of missing stylus was worse than a moment of discomfort and a lot
of hot water hand washing. After all after you have a few kids...

The moral of the story is: When using stylus based computers in the
potty, close ranks until you have the stylus deployed and stable.