Re: [NTLK] iWalk is a good thing

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 12:26:53 EST

On 04/01/02 07:50, "doppler" <doppler_at_mac.com> wrote:

> aaron.hill_at_au.pwcglobal.com [aaron.hill_at_au.pwcglobal.com] wrote the
> following 2002-01-04 07.52:
>
>> I own a MP110 and a MP2000u, and the day Apple releases their next
>> PDA/handheld I'll put my money down for that too. I don't want a Palm, a
>> Visor, a iPaq, a Yopy or any of the rest - I want an Apple and there'd be
>> plenty more people like me out there too, whether they know it now or not.
>>
>> Bring back Newton god damn it!
>
> this is really interesting. how come its so important that its an apple?
> there are other interesting solutions as sharp and danger, but few people
> seem to speak about that.
>
> as soon as there is a rumour about apple releasing something, there are
> people flocking from all over... strange, isnt it?

Not really. You know that when Apple introduces something, it's usually
pretty good.

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In
the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and
benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see
h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and
LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.