Re: [NTLK] IWalk

From: Gerstein, Sam (Sam.Gerstein_at_StreamServe.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 15:39:30 EST

Chet Johns wrote:
> Given the fact that most PDAs on the market are mere toys
> which ran the
> technogeek fad of the month, I can think of lots of
> improvements apple could
> make on a current day PDA:

<shortened>
> 1. Storage space
> 2. Programs that really work and are useful
> 3. More screen real estate
> 4. Fast, easy sync
> 5. Wireless communications.
> 6. Multimedia
> 7. Decent handwriting recognition
> 8. Ability to share documents

> OK so I'm talking about a small laptop I guess. That's why I have two
> (laptops). One for work and one for play. But wouldn't a
> device like that
> blow the windows community away for a few years?

Have you seen some of the Fujitsu laptops?
The P series is a laptop; no pen, but we're talking pretty full featured-
and tiny.
http://www.fpc.fujitsu.com/www/products_notebooks.shtml?products/notebooks/p
_series
The Stylistic is a tablet; it's too expensive, but it's exceedingly powerful
for its size.
http://www.fpc.fujitsu.com/www/products_pentablets.shtml?products/pentablets
/stylistic_3500
And the B series- a happy medium? It's pretty sweet, in any case..
http://www.fpc.fujitsu.com/www/products_notebooks.shtml?products/notebooks/b
_series

I'm guessing none of these fit your requirements perfectly- I don't know how
their HWR is, and the battery life is like a laptop, not a Newton. But
other than that, Fujitsu's getting pretty close!
Looking forward to seeing if Apple releases anything cool-
-Sam