Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #8

From: Jeremy Bond Shepherd (jbond_at_eskimo.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 16:47:03 EST

At 12:53 PM 1/4/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>Yes, cool and easy to use package, very good rendering of pictures too,
>guess that the only slight drawback is that it costs some money (don't
>remember how much anymore)

Agreed. I bought it and love it.

The major drawback for me is that the ONLY way to get pictures into it is
from a desktop computer using X-PORT. It would be sooooooo nice if one
could drag/drop a picture from NewtWorks, or be able to "Put Away" an
e-mailed GIF or JPEG into Photoshow. I like my Newt to be as
self-sufficient as possible. :-)

The neat thing about Photoshow is that it has great zooming/scrolling
capabilities so you can zoom out to see the whole pic, then zoom in to see
detail and then scroll around different parts of the image. You can also
annotate images with text captions or sounds, and do fullscreen slideshows
with neat transitions.

The SimpleMail GIF/JPEG stationary has great zoom/scroll too, but then you
have to store your pictures in the Inbox, and it has to (slowly) extract
the images each time you view them.

-Jeremy