Re: [NTLK] GEM Enterprises Newton

From: donlevick_at_earthlink.net
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 10:06:25 EST

I received the 2100 this week from GEM Enterprises. It came packaged well, complete with Mac and PC serial cables (like I=
 need more of those); an AC power adaptor (you can't have enough of these); an empty and fully functional 32 MB Pretec ca=
rd; a functional Optima Hayes 33.6 EZJack modem card; a play through case; and a DEAD NiMH battery. The Newton works fine=
 - no scratches on screen or case. The only weird thing is that there is a dead pixel (a consistent black dot) just above=
 the button area on the bottom. Not a big deal, but I haven't seen that on any of my other Newtons. Backlight is bright, =
no special packages on the internal memory.
That's all I can say for now.
Don Levick