Re: [NTLK] [OT] Guess the product announcement!

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sat Jan 05 2002 - 13:56:19 EST

Just more drooling about what I'd like to see...

Imagine a Slate-PC with a display half the size of the one of the iBook. so
not only 6", but vertically cut in half -> lettersize.
Thicker, of course, but not twice as thick, with a thinner frame around it.
There is a super-slim keyboard attached to it with a (little
complicated) hinge, and a fold-out stand in the back, so you can use the
keyboard as the display's door, but are also able to slide (*not fold*) it
behind the display, to use the thing as a slate.

Like that:

 \
 /\
/ \____

 \\
 /\\
/ \\

 \\
  \\
   \\

This is not really new, but nice.
For the revolution:
This device has built-in AirPort, InfraRed, Bluetooth, USB, FireWire, runs
OSX-mobile (made with the portable in mind, no "just as your
desktop"-mumpitz), real HWR.
It has at least 64MB RAM and a card-slot, it can use the iPod for storage,
no discdrive.
And it features GigaWire.
I imagine GigaWire to be connected to Apple's efforts in getting G4 equipped
comm-sattelites into space with ScyCorp (they do!), offering *worldwide
wireless network access*.

Then there will be both G3s and G4s at 1GHz+, TFT-iMacs, all but one G4 with
superdrive, G4s maybe with FireWire2, maybe a 10GB iPod, and, as a must, a
cable-based remote-control for the iPod bundled with some sort of nifty iPod
case.

In search for a sponge still dry,

Oliver #}

--
> Habe mir gestern den Aldi-PC zugelegt
Tja, jeder hat mal einen schlechten Tag.

aus de.comp.sys.mac.misc