Re: [NTLK] [OT] Bigger than iWalk

From: Vernon LeMoignan (greenguy_at_oanet.com)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2002 - 12:54:06 EST

>> Or it could be that that they thought a lot about their decision and
> explored all the options...but when they saw that there is 10 times more
> software for WinTel than Apple and at 50% of the cost they made a
> decision
> to expand their choices and reduce their cost.

I don't (generally) pay anymore for my Mac software than my (at work) PC
Software.

As far as the volume goes, there are more games available, but beyond
that I rarely have a problem finding the software I need.

PC advocates have used these two statements to justify their dismisal
of the Mac platform or to discourage new users from buying a mac, but in
my experience they just don't hold water. The Vast majority of users
simply don't need 6 or 7 word processors or spread sheet applications.

There will always be specific areas were one platform or the other is
better, but broad generalizations are just not accurate. I often pay
less for my software than my PC friends, and 10 times? come on! The
problem I generally find is that Sofware retailers don't stock the Mac
versions. I'm amazed at how much more software is available at Mac only
retailers.