Re: [NTLK] Backing up select packages to card?

From: Michael Wittmann (wittmannmichael_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2002 - 12:22:10 EST

Having just gone through this scenario three days ago...

what you CAN do is insert the card that you want, make it the default
store, and connect via NCU to the desktop. Reload the packages you want.
You may have freeze these same packages on internal along the way... for
some reason, having ethernet support frozen while connected to NCU
didn't seem to stop the ethernet connection. Go figure.

The packages may show up with messages like "this can't be loaded
because it's already on internal" but ignore that. Just go ahead, load
'em up, then freeze them on the card.

Boom - instant backup of your ethernet capabilities...

Hope that works.

Michael

--
   Michael C. Wittmann