Re: [NTLK] Quicken version(?) -> Pocket Quicken connection

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 10:08:02 EST

On 09/01/02 08:11, "Dave's Newton" <davesnewton_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>> The problem is that I never used PQ myself, so I'm kind of blind here.
> When
>> you decide to connect to the desktop using Pocket Quicken Connect,
> what are
>> you using on the computer side=3F
>
> Laurent,
>
> I'm using Quicken V6.0 itself. It has a PQ Connect menu item in the
> tools (or something) menu (I think - I'm not using Win2000 right now,
> so I can't check). There just doesn't seem to be ANY communication
> going on. Whereas when I was having trouble with NCU because of an
> overly fast PC, there would be a connection, but it would eventually
> get dropped.
>
> Is the cable that we use for NCU a null modem one=3F The PQC help file
> says that's what you need - but I'm not sure if that is what it is=3F If
> not, I can easily get the adapter.

Dave,

I would imagine that if your cable is working fine in NCU, then it should
work OK with PQ Connect. The problem you're facing here, I think, is that
this version of Quicken, v6.0, isn't compatible with your version of
PocketQuicken. Quicken did come up with a version for the Palm, so I guess
that's probably what the desktop version of Quicken is expecting.

You would have to find the version of Quicken that was current at the time
PocketQuicken for the Newton was released.

Again, like I said, if you really don't want to do double-input, you could
always give a try to PocketMoney. You can export the data in PocketMoney to
your desktop in a format that Quicken will be able to import.

You would have to give up PocketQuicken, though...

-Laurent.

elder days n.: The heroic age of hackerdom (roughly, pre-1980); the era of
the PDP-10, TECO, ITS, and the ARPANET. This term has been rather
consciously adopted from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy epic "The Lord of the
Rings". Compare Iron Age; see also elvish and Great Worm.