Re: [NTLK] iWalk

From: Ken Whitcomb (ken_at_imageguild.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 01:06:59 EST

> I wonder why people still believe that Apple will re-enter the PDA market
> eventually.

While I presume that you made this statement rhetorically and probably
aren't looking for my thought, here it is anyway! :o

It's inductive logic, Apple has the ability to make the most incredible
handheld computing device imaginable. For those on this list (and some that
aren't) we can't fathom having that jewel in one's hand and not capitalizing
on it.

Apple has a rather mystical image, they don't do things exactly like most
(hmm, nearly all?) other manufacturers do. So given the capabilities they
have, their virtually clandestine design process, and a CEO that absolutely
loves to make people say "WOW", our brains tell us, "They MUST be working on
something hand-held..."

Of course, I've noticed that there are one or two people here that think
that Apple can't do any of what I've described (least of all make computers
that work) and it must have been a pure chaotic accident that they brought
the Newton OS and the Message Pads and the eMate to market, so the dreamers
must naturally be wrong....

Ken Whitcomb