[NTLK] Newton alternatives/supplements

From: Jesse Garnier (lists_at_stonehopper.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 17:35:04 EST

David Golden wrote not long ago (1/9/02 4:07 PM):

> I guess I'll be waiting to see what Palm 4 has to offer. At this point
> in time I'm looking with great interest at the Handspring Treo for day to
> day basic stuff, my iBook for work product and my Newton for book reading/
> creating and plain old fun.

Sorry to drift a bit, but while we're discussing Palm and other Newton
alternatives (I prefer "supplements"), has anyone had a chance to see or use
Samsung's i300 Palm phone? I've had one for about 2 weeks, and like it quite
a bit. It's never going to replace my Newton -- phone/organizer vs. handheld
computer, of course -- but I've been really pleased by the i300 so far.

Best "convergent" device I've seen yet. Now, if I can just get it to work as
an iRDA modem with my 2100 (or my TiBook, for that matter).

Regards--

--
Jesse Garnier
jgarnier_at_stonehopper.com