Re: [NTLK] iWalk

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Thu Jan 10 2002 - 13:05:29 EST

on 1/10/02 3:03 PM, Michael J. Hu=DFmann at michael_at_michael-hussmann.de wrote=
:

> In fact the iWalk is a very, very conservative version of a
> Newton 2002: slight changes to the interface, a colour display, state-of-
> the-art ports such as FireWire, a just slightly smaller form-factor. Such
> a device might appeal to Newton owners looking for an upgrade path, but
> how is Apple expected to win some market-share with this device?

And I think that this is exactly who the movies were designed to appeal to,
and to raise their expectations (and to draw them to their site)
Unfortunately, it worked. :-) Even if it did for the wrong reasons
(skepticism and criticism) :-)
--=20
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland
<mailto:jonglass_at_usa.net>
<mailto:glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it
is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
     --George Washington, first president of the USA